Articles - Simple editing
NOTE: you can switch between SIMPLE and ADVANCED mode in SITE settings.
If you move from SIMPLE to ADVANCED you need to compose each page to put each article in the right section.
In this editing mode each page consists of a single article.
Click the Edit button opens the editor to the article which corresponds to a page.
Editor contains many fields. Before describing the form you need to know that the X3 CMS version articles. Every time you edit a page or an article a new version of the article will be recorded.
On line you can see the latest active version which the time window contains the time of viewing.
Here you can define the time window of the article version.
The start date is the date of creation (makes no sense to set an earlier date), the end date is blank.
If you left it blank the article will have a never ending time window.
Elements for the organization of the articles
Each item must have a name, if editing mode is SIMPLE the default is the name of the page.
Key fields and category are useful only with some plugins like x3highlight or x3get_by_key.
we see it at the last.
Keywords in the article, make sense only in combination with plugin like x3highlight.
Plugin and parameter
Each article may contain a plugin. Some examples: a photo gallery, a registration form etc..
The plugin can be selected from the list of plugins (installed and active in the area where you find the page you are editing).
Some plugins require a parameter to retrieve certain content (eg a photo gallery will be called by the name of the gallery to be added as parameter).
in the future these options also affect the normal display, now are useful only for plugins (x3highlight).
Tiny MCE is very powerful. Too powerful. For this reason X3 CMS provides a Tiny MCE configuration a little restrictive. However that may change. In particular publisher is restricted to use font and font color defined in the style sheet. Dangerous instruments in the hands of publishers "extroverted".
What you need to know to use Tiny MCE
- content inserted are automatically converted to XHTML.
- ENTER creates a new paragraph (with its margin). If you want to wrap in the same paragraph should be done SHIFT + ENTER.
- You can insert pictures, videos, links and sub-template by following the proper procedures (explained in another chapter)
What is good to avoid
- Make too many entries, editing and formatting. Eventually the code is dirty and the result can be unpredictable. Prepare the text in your favorite editor and then copy (paste as text), then format it (titles, lists, arrays, bold etc..) then insert pictures and links.
- Paste text copied from Word (or equivalent) or browser without using the paste text only (the paste button with T).
Writing for the web is not like writing elsewhere. The use of titles, space and content organization follows different logic that you should know to achieve a pleasing and effective.
There are no comments
Add a comment